1. Open the portrait section you want to design.
2. From the left sidebar, find and click the “Layouts” tab.
3. Use the drop down menu at the top of the “Layouts” panel to filter the list based on number of portraits per page.
4. Each layout shows a left and right version. Click on the desired layout.
5. Choose where to apply the layout:
- Choosing “Selected page” will apply the layout to only the left or right page (see next step).
- Choosing “Entire section” will apply the layout to every page in the section.
Note: Applying a layout will overwrite any editing you’ve done on pages being affected. For example, if you added a non-portrait photo to a page and then apply a portrait layout to the same page, that photo will be lost from the page’s design. You’ll need to add the photo back to the page.
6. Click “Apply”.
7. If you selected “Selected page” in the previous step, then you’ll be asked which page to apply the layout. Click on the background of the page you want to apply the layout.
Because the system does not add or remove pages for you, you’ll be warned if portraits do not fit in the section given the applied layout. For example, if you have 100 portraits in your section and 3 pages and you apply a layout of 25 portraits per page, then you’ll receive a warning that 25 portraits don’t fit. You’ll need to add a page to the section or choose a layout with more portraits per page.
If you add pages, remove pages, or move the section that would cause pages to shift, then you’ll need to reapply your layout. For example, your portrait section starts on page 20 (a left page) and you have a layout where the names appear on outside edges of the pages. You then remove page 19 from the previous section. The first page of your portrait section will now start on page 19 (a right page) and the names will now appear on the inside edges of the pages. You’ll need to re apply the layout.
Advanced Portrait Section Design
How do I edit a portrait layout?
1. After you have applied a portrait layout, click on the page of the layout you want to edit.
2. Click the "Edit Layout" button located in the left panel
3. From here, you can start clicking on the red X's to create spaces in your layout. You can also click the green plus signs to add portraits back after they have been removed
4. Once you are finished making adjustments, you can apply your layout by clicking the "Apply" button. If you want to use this layout on every page in the current section, click the check box that says "Apply to Entire Section" and then click the "Apply" button.
5. If you really like the layout you created and would like to use it in other portrait sections, you can click the check box that says "Save as new layout" and save the layout for future use. You can also name the layout by entering text into the field that says "Enter name". Once you have done this, click the "Apply" button to save the layout.
6. You can access saved layouts by clicking the drop down menu in the left panel and choosing the "Saved Layouts" option.
How do I add a non-portrait photo to my portrait layout?
Choose a layout from the “Layouts” panel that already has non-portrait photo wells included. Then upload and drop in your photo into these placeholders, like you normally would on regular pages
Upload your photo to the section like you normally would on a regular page and drop it anywhere on to the portrait page. The photo will be added to the page as a usual non-portrait photo.
How do I change the font and size of the portrait names?
1. Click on a set of names in your portrait layout.
2. A panel on the left will open.
3. Choose a font, size, style and color
4. Choose to apply the changes to only this set of names or the whole page or the entire section.
How do I move a portrait to a different position in portrait layout?
1. Find the person you want to move in the photo strip at the bottom of the screen.
2. Drag and drop that person’s photo from the photo strip to the location in the layout where you want them to be.
3. The other portraits will shift places so the moved person is now in that position in the flow.
4. The person that was moved is no longer in their original location.
How do I adjust how the names are sorted and displayed in my portrait layout?
1. Find and click the “Advanced” menu at the top right of the editor.
2. Click “Portrait Settings”.
3. Adjust the settings as desired.
4. Click “Close” when you are done.